When you decide to sell your boat, it’s natural to want top dollar. After all, the more you earn on the sale, the more you’ll have to put toward that bigger, better boat you saw on Boatline. Pricing your boat competitively will draw motivated boat buyers to your ad and ensure that your boat sells quickly.
Here’s how to price your boat to sell:
- Selling your boat online keeps more money in your pocket. There are no commission charges, and Boatline ads are free! Plus, your boat ad gets national exposure.
- Start with the purchase price and add in the cost of any improvements. Obviously, you need to consider depreciation when setting your sale price.
- Use the NADA Guides link on Boatline’s Research page to find the “blue book” value of your boat. Click the pertinent options to receive the most useful price.
- Using Boatline’s handy Boat Search feature, see what other boat owners are asking for comparable models.
- Price your boat in the same range as your competition. Make sure you leave some wiggle room. List your boat for sale for a little more than you actually hope to get so you can come down in price a bit. Every buyer loves a bargain!
If you want a good fast online sale, price your boat reasonably. The years of pleasure you’ve already received from your boat is value you’ll never lose.
Share this with friends:
Like what you've just read? Share this post with your friends using your favourite service below: